- Yahoo NEO has destroyed our databases. Students are no longer able to use the database to post……anything.
- Yahoo NEO violates the privacy of users that post directly to the group by showing the IP address of the user. Our network is fortunate to use a server to bypass this security problem.
- Yahoo NEO does not allow aliases to be used.
- Yahoo NEO is in violation of the ADA and other nations’ rights of the disabled. How dare you treat these people with contempt. How dare you treat these people as yesterday’s garbage. How dare you roll out this format without any type of notice. We owe it to our neighbors to fight you at every opportunity and to bring you to justice.
- We have every right to hold your advertisers accountable for blocking access to the groups with ads you place on the message board that stops the equipment they use.
- Yahoo NEO discriminates against the elderly and poor. The elderly on fixed incomes cannot afford the computer upgrades needed to navigate your new format that is a RAM hog.
- You dismissed the hundreds of thousands of complaints against NEO. You have been disingenuous to the media and concerned individuals by saying the classic system was outdated. You had every opportunity to build a new foundation with the classic groups. The dollars you’ve spent with just the new logo could have been used to enhance the classic groups.
We will not reveal our final strategy. We will say that a growing number of concerned individuals are aware of what you have done.
- This format is in violation of public website access defined in the DOJ/ADA. Yahoo was warned from day one that the format is illegal but has not heeded the concerns of the visually impaired.
- This format is in violation of international conventions adopted by the majority of sovereign nations through the auspices of the United Nations. Rights to public access to to internet websites for the elderly and disabled. The placement of ads causes the reading equipment of the blind to stop functioning.
- This format is discriminatory against the elderly.The elderly have warned Yahoo since day one that the format causes their older computers and slow modems to freeze. The high usage of RAM depletes the functionality of their computers over a period of time.
- This format cannot be used by those that have peripheral vision and nerve damage. Once again, users have voiced and written their concerns to Yahoo. These concerns have been dismissed. Yahoo claims that measures have been taken to address these concerns. Their proclamations are not based in reality. Their proclamations are for the sole attention of media scrutiny.
- Yahoo needs to be held accountable for forcing this unwanted, unneeded, and unpopular format on millions of users that have complained about this format from day one.
Originally posted here.